Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPE-490T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded this older system to Windows 10 last summer.  I recall there was some problem in the process with the RST Raid 

controller that had been a feature of Windows 7 - it wouldn't work on Windows 10, so stopped running in RAID

(used Microsoft's native mirroring instead).  Booting from an SSD also.

In Windows 10, "sleep" power management worked, finally.  Until about mid Nov 2019, when the system would 

crash going into sleep.  Minidump analysis shows it's in iastora.sys that some problem occurs.

HP tools, windows driver checking &c don't show any driver update available.  driver mgmt shows

Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller
Intel
8/1/2013

The newest ones available from Intel are 17.x.x.x

The mid-Nov change suggests I got updated to Windows 10 1909 (system shows 10.0.18363) and that may be the source

of this instability.

I tried installing the most current one,  and initially it worked, the system would boot, the system would go in & out of sleep... and then something happened.  A rogue Windows update identified & installed?  It wanted to reboot to finish updating windows.  Result was no good - system couldn't figure out how to boot anymore.  I reflashed the SSD & turned off sleep mode for the moment, but this is not good.  That driver runs the boot disk & the bios isn't capable of booting from the USB ports.

Ominous.  Some random Windows 10 update could kill it for good (I could roll it back but it couldn't be updated then).

Anyone have a path to a better solution?  This is too good a system to throw away.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cecinit

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

In computer data storage, Rapid Storage Technology (RST), until 2010 called Matrix RAID, is a firmware, hardware and software RAID system. Supported Intel chipsets may change with each revision of RST.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that no driers available for this computer from Windows.

To get the answer to this question, this is due to most of the Windows 10 drivers are not compatible with Windows 7 hardware. 

• Note There are no windows 10 drivers for this computer. 

You can try this intel link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.