Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've started doing a factory reset of my hp omen desktop and now it is taking more than 2 hours and most of the time the screen is black. 

It's an i7 with 16gb memory and 128 gb ssd and 1tb hdd. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ssculptor 

A clean install with driver updates would take less than 1 hour. Just give it more time before killing the process.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No way. An i7 with an SSD should take no more than an hour. And there is really no portion of the recovery when the screen is black for any length of time. It's always doing something on the screen.

How are you doing the recovery? Is it a Windows 10 'Reset' or did you do it by pressing F11 at the boot stage?

HP Recommended

Thanks but i did a fresh restart with a thumb drive and all is fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.