cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssculptor
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Is it normal for the factory reset of a desktop omen to take more than 2 hours?

HP Recommended
Omen desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've started doing a factory reset of my hp omen desktop and now it is taking more than 2 hours and most of the time the screen is black. 

It's an i7 with 16gb memory and 128 gb ssd and 1tb hdd. 

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,770 92,648 11,995 25,574
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ssculptor 

A clean install with driver updates would take less than 1 hour. Just give it more time before killing the process.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Hibb1
Level 6
472 472 38 88
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No way. An i7 with an SSD should take no more than an hour. And there is really no portion of the recovery when the screen is black for any length of time. It's always doing something on the screen.

How are you doing the recovery? Is it a Windows 10 'Reset' or did you do it by pressing F11 at the boot stage?

Ssculptor
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks but i did a fresh restart with a thumb drive and all is fine now.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation