Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Bluetooth Mouse Z5000
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have just bought a Bluetooth Mouse Z5000 to use on my Apple MacBook Pro (Apple mice are horrendously expensive).

One facility that would be very useful is to be able to "sideways scroll" in some applications; eg Excel, Preview, etc.  Is this possible using the wheel + a key hit (such as cmd or alt).  Nothing seems to work.  Maybe a setting somewhere?

The Z5000 is a very good mouse - it automatically reconnects without telling the bluetooth receiver to find it - the apple version has to be prompted!

I placed this post in Desktop... because there was no choice of mouse subject.  Sorry.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Apple doesn't offer much info on drivers - especially for third party Mice!

However, by trial and error I have discovered that if you hold down the shift key when scrolling on the mouse the (usually) produces a sideways scroll.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@applevictim 

The scrolling feature would depend on the functions supported by the drivers, and as far as I know, HP does not provide Apple drivers for that mouse.  You would have to check with Apple to see if they have such drivers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Apple doesn't offer much info on drivers - especially for third party Mice!

However, by trial and error I have discovered that if you hold down the shift key when scrolling on the mouse the (usually) produces a sideways scroll.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.