cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
KevinH789
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Issue with HP Cloud Recovery on Desktop

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-245qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting this message after the recovery finishes. 

Component: WIN 10 PIN Diagnostic Tools ReD - CPS

Timing: FactoryUpdate

Error:  Incorrect brand name

Next Step: Please check Model Name or Feature Byte

I disabled Secure Boot and it still happens. I also created a new USB Recovery and replaced the Hard Drive.  Same error.

I was hoping to talk to a live HP tech but the Virtual Assistant will not let me. Very frustrating!!

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,144 5,659 678 1,457
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can only guess you have a problem created by a BIOS feature byte mismatch or a product synchronization issue. The HP Cloud recovery image does not match the info contained in your BIOS. 

I would try a clean W10 install by creating W10 USB installation media on a different PC at this site (Link). Use this media to install W10 on this PC.

Do a custom install.

Delete existing partitions.

Select I don't have a product key.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation