Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've got an HP Envy 795-0087c with the same KMODE error, started last week. I've reinstalled a fresh Windows 10 for a customer last week using a USB because no restore points (Thanks HP) and he just picked it up on 5/11/20. Was working fine up until around this morning 5/15/20, and now the KMODE is back.

Before it was BSODing at the login screen and safemode. But now at least it's BSODing EXACTLY 10 minutes from when the password prompt appears, I've timed it. So hopefully there's some room for a repair. Any suggestions? Is there a windows update I should be removing? I don't want to do another OS reinstall.

HP Recommended

Thabjs for thus thread as I was stuck with the same problem with a Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690. I've reinstalled Windows using a USB and that seems to have fixed the KMode error however my HDD D -Drive is no longer showing up (the SSD Windows is on is obviously fine). Has anyone experienced this or got any advice to try and fix it?

In Disk Management I get "a device which does not exist was specified".

HP Recommended

same issue with me Omen Obelisk. Infinite bsod loop!!!

We know the name of the process causing this ? In my case this is always after 3-4seconds after the end of the autologin. Impossible to do somthing. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I've got the same problem (infinite bsod loop) on my HP Pavillion Desktop TP01.

It all started at beginning of may 2020.

Luckily I could skip to a previos version (autosafe) that still works (dated 28.04.2020).

After the Win10 update was installed automatically again, I run into the same BSOD loop again.

So I restored to the previous system setup dating 28.04.2020 and I've stopped the windows auto update for 1 month.

Unfortunately my knowledge in IT System administration is very limited. So if anyone has a solutions that prevents that I have to setup the entire system again, I would be really glad if you could shar it here!

Thanks and best regards!

HP Recommended

Glad I found this post... same issue here with our Omen 875,  Started back on May 9th.  After trying many things I decided to reimage the OS on May 10th with a completely new drive, this worked for 48hrs, I did all the MS updates and that seemed to go well, I then did the HP updates via HP Support Assistant and hours later I got into the exact same issue.  At this point I was thinking something in the HW is causing KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Blue Screen as I can hit it in less than 10 seconds when the OS first comes up to the login screen, even if I dont log in.  Good to hear its not a HW issue.  I will now reimage a second time but this time, I will NOT load HP Support Assistant.  

HP Recommended

I re-enabled Windows Update this morning. There are no new updates to apply other than Windows Defender AV signatures. So I have the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 installed (2020-05 KB4556799) and all seems stable ... 🙂

I have also re-installed  the HP Support Assistant together with the HP Support Framework but NOT allowed it to install any driver updates. Again, all seems stable ... 🙂

The drivers it is offering are:

• Intel Rapid Storage Driver - 17.5.2.1024 Rev.A, Feb 11, 2020
  • Realtek Bluetooth Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows - 1.0.0.106 Rev.A, Dec 6, 2019
  • Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver - 10.36.701.2019 Rev.A, Feb 13, 2020
  • Realtek RTL8xxx Series Bluetooth Driver for Microsoft Windows 10 (DCHU) - 1.6.1015.3008 Rev.S, Jun 28, 2019 

so that provides a list of potential suspects. I'd be happy to learn from others that they are sound or otherwise ...

(I'll consider adding these driver updates back one at a time over the next few days.)

The other feature that I recall having on my earlier build that I don't have now is Dropbox - though I don't currently plan to put that back on.

Philip
HP Recommended

OK, this was weird and annoying: I just got another bluescreen despite Windows Updates being deferred until 15.6... System Restore worked, but this is becoming quite annoying at this point.

HP Recommended

I really hope I never see the KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED again...I have now been running on a new W10 install for 5hrs now + updates like KB4552931, KB4556799, KB4537759, till checking for new updates showed no more. I am not going to install HP Support Assistant for now,  and I have disabled updates for the next month, hoping it stays stable for a while. I will let everyone know how it goes. 

HP Recommended

Just joined to say I began experiencing this exact issue today May 16 2020. I have the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC - TG01-0170m. I was not able to proceed past the login screen before the BSOD, and was not able to enter Safe Mode either. I did a reset through System Diagnostics keeping data, that has allowed me to load windows but I still get the BSOD after a few minutes. Will try a clean install and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Hi Bibsout,
How did you fix the loop? I had exactly the same issue today 16th May. I can't get past the Blue screen.
My Pavalion Gaming Desktop did a BIOS update and a diagnostic test but I still can't enter either safe mode or the Troubleshooter.
Hope we'll find a way to fix this BSOD crash.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.