Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I also have dealing with this KMODE error with my Omen 875 desktop within the last week.  I've had 3 episodes of it.

1. First time the error just happened suddenly and comp got into a reboot loop.  I used a system restore point and turned off fast startup  on Windows 10.  Things seemed ok then until...

2. Some days later the error happened again suddenly but the comp could reboot properly.  However once desktop was loaded 10 minutes later the error would happen, and thru subsequent errors/reboots the error would happen in 10 minute intervals.  Eventually thru this things got settled and it stopped...perhaps related to a Windows antivirus update that happened just before what would have been another interval for a crash.  I couldn't say tho.

3. One day after that (today) while the comp was idle the error evidently happened and the comp got into a reboot loop and eventually arrived at recovery options.

This time I did a Reset Windows.  Once this was done desktop loaded and all that, the error happened again but comp could reboot properly.  However error happened again and thru repeated reboots and errors it became clear the error was occurring 3 minutes after desktop was loaded each time.  So 3 minute intervals.

Just taking a whack at it, I proceeded to do some Windows Updates, expecting a crash during that...but it did not.  Since then it has not crashed today.

I currently have delayed other Window Updates for 35 days, am not using Windows Defender but another antivirus, and fast startup is turned off.

From reading here this is clearly an HP and Microsoft problem they should fix post-haste.  But these has been my experiences, and hopefully the comp will hold up until a fix.

HP Recommended

There has been a massive amount of different possible "fixes" to the same issue.

Now so far the only thing that has worked for me and been stable on 2 omen devices has been the patch file that was given to me by HP Support, you may have to log this with them if you are still in Warrenty - if not then I think if we make some public noises and link back to this thread then they will sit up and take notice.

https://support.hp.com/us-en?openCLC=true

This was the link to the online support, now you will have to select the relevant country for yourself.

Is mine now stable, well I do not know but so far since last friday (15th May )it has been solid.

I am pressurising my contacts in HP as well to try and push this up the chain for either an official response or atleast a more guided manner on how to fix this.

HP Recommended

@Alexgogan

Glad to hear your systems seem to be working OK.

What exactly did HP patch in the file they provided to you? If we knew this, we might then also know the cause of these problems and the possible fix.

More to the point, if HP feel they can provide a patch to one user, then surely they should be releasing it to all those affected IF they consider it really is the fix to the problem.

My machine is in Extended Warranty, but it's not especially clear to me why this should affect fixing the problem for those either in or out of it. However, I'll chase around the link you gave and see what happens.

I think we're all agreed that whatever HP tails you can twist to get some urgent action on this would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

It seems that this is also in the Microsoft Community now, but I expect that the answers there will boil down to the usual advice to reinstall Windows.

KMODE (at least one of) on HP as reported in MS Community

Searching the MS Community produces this:-

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/search/search?SearchTerm=KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED&tab=&status... 

I'll go through the recent stuff and see if anything is relevant, although I do need to do some work on this machine!

HP Recommended

@alexgogan wrote:

There has been a massive amount of different possible "fixes" to the same issue.

Now so far the only thing that has worked for me and been stable on 2 omen devices has been the patch file that was given to me by HP Support, you may have to log this with them if you are still in Warrenty - if not then I think if we make some public noises and link back to this thread then they will sit up and take notice.

https://support.hp.com/us-en?openCLC=true

This was the link to the online support, now you will have to select the relevant country for yourself.

Is mine now stable, well I do not know but so far since last friday (15th May )it has been solid.

I am pressurising my contacts in HP as well to try and push this up the chain for either an official response or atleast a more guided manner on how to fix this.

The link you shared goes straight to the HP Support - no other help.

I had a chat with a representative at HP today. I was told that they "got the problem reported yesterday" so everything was still very new to them. They claim that the problem is on the Microsoft-side. The only solution I was told is to do a factory reset of my computer and choose NOT to login with a Microsoft-account, but a local account (which disable windows updates for a month or so).

HP Recommended

I have this issue since the beginning of May in my HP Slimline 290. I managed to get it working again by uninstalling last quality update of Windows. Yesterday it started again with this random BSOD. None of the possible solutions I have seen online seem to work.

My guess is there might be some HP software causing the issue since it's only affecting HP users...

HP Recommended

Hi, Left my laptop at home and just logged into it

But HP support asked me to download this

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

This is the only thing that has worked, but when I get time I will itemise my installs and updates and if it happens again I will hopefully have the offending fecker. I will also check the install logs prior to the complete system restore as well. Will try to look at this later this evening and see if there was one single offending cause as well and update you here.

Regards

Alex

HP Recommended

This was the history on the updates, Defender was the last succesful one and when 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4556799) was installing my System died

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.315.613.0)
Install this update to revise the files that are used to detect viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
Approved for Install Installed
2020-05-14

Adobe Acrobat DC 20.9.20063
Adobe Acrobat by Adobe Systems to view, create, manipulate, print and manage files in Portable Document Format (PDF)
2020-05-13

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.82 (KB890830)
After the download, this tool runs one time to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps remove any infection that is found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time that you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center, or you can run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an antivirus product.
2020-05-13

2020-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 (KB4552931)
A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
2020-05-13

2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4556799)
Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
No Approval In Progress

Omen at Home   This is when things died, now it could be a simple coincidence

Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.2004.6)
This package will update Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform’s components on the user machine.
2020-05-02
HP Recommended

Just wanted to throw my name in there as well.  Did a complete windows clean install.  Made several attempts at getting things to work and Kmode still comes back.  Getting really frustrated as my support ran out May 11th and can't get any help on the matter.

HP Recommended

I purchased my Hp Envoy 795 Desktop in January 2020. I had the KMODE on May 8 and it prevented booting. I remove preinstalled Mcafee and run Defender as my only antivirus. Ended up reinstalling from recovery and everything worked till yesterday when i again uninstalled Mcafee and went to Defender. Within an hour i had the Kmode again. I have reinstalled again and am running McAfee and no problems yet. I think it had something to do with Defender but im not sure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.