Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am not sure that it is related to the network drivers. I noticed that safemode dies not work either. In safemode most drivers, incl. Network are not loaded.

Also my system is not a gaming system at all, like mentioned before.

It is a 400 euros office desktop. Small ryzen cpu and integrated graphics.

HP Recommended

@Keiichi wrote:

@Kmassig2691 wrote:

Out of curiosity what all did you redownload?  Did you go back through and download the hp support assistant and omen command center following the fresh install?  

I don't have an OMEN, but a Pavilion Gaming Desktop, so I did re-download the HP Support Assistant and all available drivers.  I also re-downloaded all the latest Windows Updates.  Main difference is that I have disabled Windows Defender.  From my previous BSODs, I avoided stuff like Corsair iCUE and even Discord, but I've re-installed those items back as well because I had a BSOD loop yesterday without those items installed.  Crossing my fingers for now, but we will see.....as my last recovery lasted a week or two before the BSOD.

Very nice.  I did a full reinstall last night.  Everything seems fine now, fingers crossed.  Disabled windows def. have malware bytes running and have been slowly recovering everything related.  I havent touched any HP stuff yet or winows updates.  I am afraid to start back with the HP assisstant.  Since it's working for you i will probably give it a try. 

HP Recommended

@zata wrote:
Hello, I had been in this forum when there were only a few answers. I followed Philip42h_2's advice 
"OK, the advice I got from HP Support was to download Windows 10 from Microsoft, create USB installation
media and perform a clean install from there. And that has worked, so far, in as much as I can now boot
and even post from my desktop. So this is a clean install with no HP specific software updates. "
Pause all updates until May 19. So I installed everything that windows update had, and paused again.
On June 3 I will update again. I hope then everything is fixed. Do not install anything from HP
that was not installed by windows update. My latest installations are:
KB4552931, KB4537759, KB4556799. Realtek Net 2024.0.10.209, INTEL 30.100.1915.1,
REALTEK USB 10.017763.31247, REALTEK Extension 4001.0.1.101,
MICROSOFT DEFENDER KB2267602 (ver.1.315.997.0) MICROSOFT DEFENDER KB2267602 (ver.1.315.978.0),
MICROSOFT ANTIMALW30.
All this installed on the may 19, and the machine has not failed. My PC is Intel i5-8400. Windows 10 Pro 1909 (ver. 18363.836).
I write it in case it helps anyone. TRANSLATED WITH GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.

Regretably, after rebuilding my PC on 12th May, and allowing Windows Updates, it failed again on 20th May (as noted earlier in this thread). HP Support indicate that the issue will exist if we have KB4556799 (the May cumulative update) applied ... 😞

I am now on my second clean install with Windows Updates paused until 24th June in the hope that HP / Microsoft can come up with a proper solution by then.

Your alternative approach for a workaround is to disable / replace Windows Defender as others have done and advocated on this thread.

Good luck!

Philip
HP Recommended

Same issue here, computer stuck in BSOD loop until I booted with "Disable Early Launch anti-Malware protection", was able to get windows up and running in safe mode, do the registry edits as previously detailed out, and am not taking any windows updates.  I have been solid for ~12 hours.  I have AMD processor (Ryzen 7 3700x).  Question, when the time comes and there is a solution, how do I reverse the steps that I took to disable windows defender, I have never done that level of modification of the registry, is it as simple as removing the 4 keys I created?  Probably getting ahead of myself with "undoing the fix" but want to be prepared to test the solution when it comes.  

Thanks everyone in this forum for your detailed posts and your efforts to help us all, many of us (certainly me) would be still staring at a blue screen without it.  

HP Recommended

Had the same issue with a computer in my office today. it would reach the login screen in both regular mode and safe mode for about 5 seconds before throwing up a BSOD with the KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. So I set the 4 "Disable" defender registry keys via the recovery console to 1. I did not set the windefend service start to 4

DisableAntiSpyware
DisableBehaviorMonitoring
DisableOnAccessProtection
DisableScanOnRealtimeEnable

then restarted. THis time it made it into windows. Then I started removing some preinstalled stuff from HP 

HP PC Hardware diagnostics 
HP Connection Optimizer

Then I was looking around the system and BAM! Same BSOD. Upon getting back to the desktop I checked the reg keys and saw DisableAntiSpyware was now 0 yet the system was still functional

I then removed HP ePrint SW

HP Audio Switch

HP System Event Utility

HP Support Assistant

HP ePrint SW

and HP Support solution Framework. 

I then went back into the recovery mode set all the Disable registry keys back to 0

Restarted and it came right up. Still sitting on the desktop with no issue.... we shall see.

HP Recommended

I will skip the tirade and simply state that this better get fixed asap.

I have an HP Envy 795-0030qd cto with same symptoms.

FIX IT😠

HP Recommended

Is anyone using an antivirus other than McAfee and having the problem?

HP Recommended

@SlurmMcKenzie wrote:

I am currently trying to replicate the error, but it seems that i can't.

after the last occurrence the system restore took me to one day before it happend (19.05.2020) again.

i paused windows updates and manually deleted the update cache.

then i used the hp support tool to check for updates.

it just installed an UEFI update, but that is dated back to DEC 2019 and some new AMD/ATI graphics drivers.

i did not disable anything else, like defender.

then i used windows upate again, to see what new uptadates it wants to install.

there was one update, but according to my search it does only contain microcode updates for intel,

which is not relevant for this Ryzen system, and something called "HP inc. SoftwareComponent - 4.1.4.3079".

But that apperently dates back to January ? don't know why it only installs just now.

Automatic updates are enabled and it is always up to date.

however, it is still running stable.

i have manually triggerd two full disc scans with defender.

i have shutdown the system multiple times. it always comes back up fine for now.

(because the bluescreens always said: "your PC couldn't turn off properly")

i can't replicate this bluescreen, but i will try.

will keep it running some time and restart it from time to time. 

maybe they have pulled the update ?

it has to be something that comes over the win update. it's the only thing that makes changes on this machine.

Did you try to manually turn off real-time protection in Windows Security?  That usually triggers a non-boot loop BSOD.

HP Recommended

@fcorral wrote:

I am on day 5 now and still up and running on my Omen 875.  I have Windows Update paused for 30days, and have not installed HP Support assistant, so no HP updates.  

Just FYI for others, I tried the Windows Defender disable with the registry and on reboot when I would first log in I would get a "We cant sign into your account", and Microsoft would create a TEMP user.  Logging out and trying to log in with know Microsoft user would not work, and on each login, it would create another TEMP0001 user.  

From what I have read, I believe what happened was somehow by disabling Defender and Real Time Protection, Microsoft believes I have been hacked, and they are not allowing me to log in using my Microsoft Account.   Turning everything back on, did NOT fix this, I tried many things and could not recover that account, eventually I read I have to create a new account and copy the previous user data to my new user.   

I am now logging in as local\Admin, decided to stop trying to log in using a Microsoft account.  

So although I have been 5 days without a BSOD, it has not been free of issue 😞 

Curious if others are logging in with MS accounts or just using a local account. 

Yuck, sorry to hear all the troubles with the account.  I am using a Microsoft Account and was able to log in after the registry changes.

HP Recommended

I have this exact same blue screen of death occurring starting a couple weeks ago in early May on my HP Omen Obelisk 875-0024.

The first 3 times that this happened to me I had to:

1> Reinstall Windows as there was no usable restore point the first time. Apparently whatever update is causing this was still being pushed down and it takes a day or two to start causing problems on my system.

2> Second and third time it happened there was a recent restore point I was able to go to.  System working fine.  I should have disabled Windows Update at this point, but I also wanted to try and see if I could figure out what was causing this.   I left bluetooth turned off for a few days and the system was still running fine.  I turned bluetooth on and a few days later the system was back to KMODE EXCEPTION errors and couldn't boot into windows because of it.   I am not sure that bluetooth is the culprit but it was interesting to see that it was up for longer the third time while I had bluetooth off.   This is completely inconclusive and it sounds like others are hearing from HP support that a particular windows update is causing it, so my 4th time around the bend here I will be uninstalling that update and disabling windows update for 30 days.

I mainly wanted to make sure I subscribed to the thread and just added yet another voice to the HP & Microsoft are screwing me over repeatedly for weeks at this point without a reliable fix, yet.  Really pissed off at the sheer amount of time that this has eaten up and I am conversely really thankful for other people coming together to share their experiences and share what they are trying / hearing from HP support as well.   Thank you all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.