Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Still getting BSOD despite bios update. How do i remove HP apps? I feel iffy making registry changes as i'm not very tech savvy and dont trust myself doing this. 

Hp support is telling me to do a fresh install of OS via HP cloud recovery tool in MS store. Did this work for anyone? 

HP Recommended

OK,download"BluesSreen View"BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version). So we can see which file or driver causes this issue.Before to do a fresh install,try to update GPU Driver too,and dont forget a memory test.Hoping is not an hardware issue.Did you install any new software before the problems you had?

HP Recommended

Sigh...we just now started getting the BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION panic again on our Omen 875.  Been running fine for the last 2 months since May, here we go again.  Ours crashes 10 seconds after the screen comes up and we login.  This has definitely been the worse PC we have ever had. 

HP Recommended

omg the dreaded BSOD is back!! Back to the rabbit hole guys... I set up recovery points and system images this time so fingers crossed this will help. Seems like this time HP is testing all their products with windows updates (you can see the list of passed products here) and I just saw that my PC (Pavillion gaming desktop 790-00xx) hasn't passed the test yet.  Well that is too late to know now.

update: I tried multiple fixes to different effects, and here they are:

1. recovery from system image (which was made exactly on 07/28) + remove the latest quality update * 2 --> The BSOD showed up 10 min after reboot, instead of 10s

2. removed an update installed on 07/28, kb4560960 --> still 10 min bsod

3. removed HP smart --> still 10 min bsod

4. updated BIOS to F.42 --> waiting to see if it works --> Hooray, it's working!!! ...so far....

HP Recommended

Emma, do you have windows defender running as your default anti virus?

HP Recommended

I haven't yet to experience this issue since about 2 months ago, is there any way to prevent it from happening?

HP Recommended

First thing I noticed was our Omen 875 is running an older F.21 BIOS (for 8509 Board), we have not been updating MS, Defender, or HP updates since May, and running 1909 W10 version, had not installed 2004 yet.  

I just looked and there is a new update for my PC to F.31 Bios and looks like F.30 actually lists BSOD, going to try this first. 

Version: F.30 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - To Remove loading default Secure Boot keys after BIOS update
- To Fix BSOD issue
- Update MCU to 0xD2
- Update ME to 12.0.64.1551
- Provides improved security.

HP Recommended

yeah windows defender is my only anti-virus software

HP Recommended

Did the BIOS update work for you, Fcorral? 
I got BSOD today and was frustrated to figure out which part of driver/update had caused the problem. 
Mine is 875-1040ct and same BIOS as yours, F21. I had recently deleted a third party antivirus and using Windows Defender only; it might be the cause my PC didn’t get BSOD in May. 

Would love to see if the BIOS update has worked for you! 

HP Recommended

The KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD is back for me again as well 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.