Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

BIOS update solved it for me! I was stuck in the boot loop aswell ...

You can read everything you need to know here:

https://support.hp.com/be-nl/document/c00131948

Probably change your language 😉 Or just google "HP BIOS update"

HP Recommended

All very exciting. I updated BIOS to F42 via HPSA, and as at today, 2nd August, both HPSA and the HP Downloads website show that as the latest.

I have had WU paused for long periods, but enabled the Quality Updates yesterday. This immediately delivered me a Framework preview update and an HP Driver update of Firmware 15.41.0.0!

On this Envy 795-0010na machine, I therefore now have Dev. Manager showing Firmware as 15.41.0.0, and Systeminfo/BIOS boot menu/other applications reporting BIOS as F42.

I see that there is a massive update to 2004 which is intended to fix most of the many glitches in it, but I'm holding off for a while, and, anyway, it's not showing as "Available" in WU here at present.

HP Recommended

This is the HP Recommended Solution. You might want to try it. Hope this solution works for you. Thanks so much!

HP Consumer Desktop PCs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Occurs on Various Scenarios

I am HP Employee
HP Recommended

@Ferrumic wrote:

All very exciting. I updated BIOS to F42 via HPSA, and as at today, 2nd August, both HPSA and the HP Downloads website show that as the latest.

I have had WU paused for long periods, but enabled the Quality Updates yesterday. This immediately delivered me a Framework preview update and an HP Driver update of Firmware 15.41.0.0!

On this Envy 795-0010na machine, I therefore now have Dev. Manager showing Firmware as 15.41.0.0, and Systeminfo/BIOS boot menu/other applications reporting BIOS as F42.

I see that there is a massive update to 2004 which is intended to fix most of the many glitches in it, but I'm holding off for a while, and, anyway, it's not showing as "Available" in WU here at present.

Snap! - mostly ...

I too, have an Envy 795-00xx and have had no further issues since I did a clean install on 20th May. After a few cautious days, I resumed Windows Updates on 24th May and have been running with Windows Defender ever since.

I have also been using HPSA most / all that time and installed BIOS version F.41 on 19th June - again no BSOD issues. The release notes say helpfully:

• ENHANCEMENTS: - Provides improved security
  • FIXES: - Fixes issue where system would fail when running customer's tool.

which doesn't provide any clue as to what might have been resolved ...

Like you I received HP inc. - Firmware - 15.41.0.0 successfully installed via WU on 30th July. Assuming that 15.41 is the same firmware as F.41 (hex F = 15) then WU actually had nothing to do - which is exactly what it appeared to do.

And, immediately after that, I received BIOS firmware F.42 via HPSA ... so, as I write, I am up to BIOS F.42 running Windows 10 1909 with Defender and all the latest updates.

As you say, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." so I not so much "holding off" as "unable to get hold of" and not quite stupid enough to try too hard at this point - all other Windows 10 machines in the extended household are now up-to 2004 ...

It is helpful that HP have at last acknowledged the problem and are providing a variety of BIOS updates as the 'solution' across quite a wide range of machines. Hopefully we can now regard this problem as 'done' once and for all.

😀

Philip
HP Recommended

@Philip42h_2

Thank you for the update on your experiences, which are somewhat reassuring.

Some of this is still a mystery to me. For example, I've been checking HPSA daily, in case anything else "comes down the pike". After installing F42, it shifted into the Action Log, but still shown as active/not installed (red tray) and appeared thus until this morning, when it now appears shaded out and installed. What?

As you say, it seems to have been more of an HP firmware problem than WD (which I still have turned off in gpedit, and which anyway reports itself as disabled through use of other AV/Firewall software), but it beats me how it could drag on so long before HP came out with their Advisory.

I turned WD Firewall service back on some time ago, as a series of problems with updates to MS Store stuff (and a failure/reinstall of Store itself) traced back to needing WDF running, even if it's doing nothing.

Like yours, 2004 for this machine is still shown as "on its way" or whatever. Oddly, the HP list of machines supposedly tested for 2004 includes this one. Another stat. I saw, which struck me as being on the low side, is that, as yet, only 11% of W10 machines are running 2004. I certainly am in no rush to stick my head in that lion's mouth.

Happy days (?).

HP Recommended

Quest for "Control Panel" in the Windows search bar and select the comparing result.

Snap "Framework and Security," trailed by "Force Options."

On the left-hand menu, select "Pick what the force catches do."

Whenever incited, select the "Change settings that are right now accessible," blue connection at the head of the page.

Under the heading "Shutdown settings," untick the container that says "Turn on Fast Startup."

At the point when done, click "Spare changes."

HP Recommended

Hey guys, now that I have installed F.42 BIOS, is it ok to update my system now?

HP Recommended

@Emma1011 wrote:

Hey guys, now that I have installed F.42 BIOS, is it ok to update my system now?

If you have the latest BIOS and latest updates for your particular system - that set varies from system to system - then you should be good to go.

I have been stable - not seen a KMODE error - since 20th May and have all the latest updates installed ... bar Windows 10 2004 which isn't ready for my system yet ... 😉

Philip
HP Recommended

I finally got around to installing BIOS update with instructions at this link, and it worked.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06701407 

My computer was stuck in BSOD bootloop, so I had to go through the HP Utility per the instructions at this link. I have a gaming pavilion 690. So far, I ran all Windows updates available and restarted the computer successfully each time. Thank you everyone!

HP Recommended

its literally a windows uodate away from a fix, just update windows

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.