Did you mean: 
vanguard-anon
Level 1
3 2 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

HP Recommended

HP Omen Obelisk checking in to say that I just updated to the latest updates from MS including the new HP driver fix via Windows Update. Only time will tell if this is the fix we are looking for. I'll report back if I have issues again. Before this, I had reset the PC and deferred all updates including the offending May update (KB4556799). Let's see what happens. 

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,807 32,707 2,976 7,306
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vanguard-anon 

What's being reported is that the HP Windows Update is:  HP Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 4.1.4.3079

I was looking for the KB number to post that here for folks, but I just did a search of Microsoft Update Catalog for that and got nothing newer from HP than February 2020.  

So, if you can pass along the KB number, that would be great!

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation