Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Niettegenstaande ik in UEFI de bootvolgorde heb aangepast start de pc telkens door naar W10.

Op die manier slaag ik er niet in een zelfgemaakte backup van OS terug te zetten. 

Wat kan de reden zijn? 

Wat me opvalt is, dat het systeem vanuit de BIOS zélf een soort warmopstart doet, maar dan kan ik geen wachtwoord intypen. Ik moet dan de machine volledig stilleggen en bij een koudstart wachtwoord ingeven. Op dat moment blijkt de gevraagde opstart via USB of DVD vergeten te zijn en komt er gewoon een doorstart naar W10.

Graag dringen hulp aub.

Indien mogelijk graag hulp via mail aub: Gaardenier@Skynet.be

Ik zal ook zelf bellen na 11u op 16 juli of later 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

Google Translate gives:-

Notwithstanding that I have adjusted the boot sequence in UEFI, the PC always starts on to W10.
That way I can not manage to restore a self-made backup of OS.
What can be the reason?
What strikes me is that the system does a kind of warm boot from the BIOS itself, but then I can not type a password. I then have to completely shut down the machine and enter a password for a cold start. At that moment the requested startup via USB or DVD is forgotten and there is just a relaunch to W10.
Please contact us.
If possible, please contact us by mail: xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
I will also call myself after 11 am on July 16 or later

PWR and LID.png

Turn off Fast Sart Up.

BIOS Boot2 .jpgW10 Options.jpgMultiBoot.jpg

https://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

ESC and F9??

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

It would be helpfull if HP would make this kind of document available to handle recovery problems within the bios of the Z4 G4 workstation and not for W8 but for W10:

Only found concerning HPdocument

The advise and screenprints are not corresponding to the actual UEFI/BIOS of the Z4G4

Please help, I would like to be able to restore my system by means of a bootable USB stick, which I do have. I have also a good system image on an external Disk.

HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-z4-g4-workstation/16449890/manuals

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06009189

Page 31 onwards.  Page 41 onwards.   Page 64 onwards.  Page 82 onwards.

Page 87...

Changing the computer boot order
If your computer does not restart in HP Recovery Manager, you can change the computer boot order, which is the order of devices listed in BIOS where the computer looks for startup information. You can change the selection to an optical drive or a USB flash drive.
To change the boot order:
1.  Insert the HP Recovery media.
2.  Access BIOS.   Restart the computer, quickly press ESC, and then press F9 for boot options.
3.  Select the optical drive or USB flash drive from which you want to boot.
4.  Follow the on-screen instructions

""Please help, I would like to be able to restore my system by means of a bootable USB stick, which I do have. I have also a good system image on an external Disk.""

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Turn off the notebook.
Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time (WinKey +B).

NB: On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key and the V key (WinKey +V).

While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

If in doubt please ask

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your goodwill. 

About an hour and half tell call with HP tech (Dutch) 

A satisfying solution was found in cooperation with HP tech. 

However, about manuals I have new question. 

Thanks again.

Leo

HP Recommended
Prego.
HP Recommended
Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.