Frustrated1960
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Keyboard Only types sequential numbers online

HP Recommended
Hp All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP all in one computer. When I type online it types sequential numbers for letter and when I type numbers it types wrong numbers. I have done restarts and shutdowns.  When it comes back sometimes it will allow me to type correctly for four or five minutes max and then back to each keystroke giving 1 2 3 up to zero and then 1 thru 0 again.  When I type on my Microsoft office the keyboard types correctly.  This has been an issue since we bought it.  But it’s gotten progressively worse and we have no warranty.  

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,656 32,556 2,958 7,271
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Frustrated1960 

If it types OK in MS Office apps, then what apps are you using where it types incorrectly?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Frustrated1960
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It types incorrectly on google chrome and Microsoft edge.  Often I can’t even type in a web site

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,656 32,556 2,958 7,271
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Frustrated1960 

So it mistypes on ALL browsers?  Try installing FireFox just to see what happens with that.

Also, right-click on the desktop, select new text document and see if you can type OK into that.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation