Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP AIO 24-r059a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everyone.

I purchased an all-in-one unit and am trying to install Windows 7 on it (Business software that only works with Win7)

I have managed to get to the install screen by disabling secure boot and enabling legacy devices but when I get to the 'Install Windows' screen my keyboard and mouse do not work.

I have tried a wired keyboard and mouse and ensured that I am using the USB2.0 ports on the back.

I definitely need Windows 7 so hoping someone can assist with getting the USB ports working during the installation process. 

Please let me know if any further information is required, thankyou . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You're not going to like this...while you may be able to install W7, only W10 drivers exist for the graphics.

So the graphics will never work right.  It is also very likely the wifi won't work either.

You can try this utility which will put the USB drivers you need into your W7 installation flash drive, but this program was written for PC's with the Skylake chipsets, not the Kaby Lake ones.  Hopefully the USB 3 hardware ID's are the same for both.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_windowsimagetool.zip

The USB 2 ports won't work until after W7 is installed, and you can install the chipset driver.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You're not going to like this...while you may be able to install W7, only W10 drivers exist for the graphics.

So the graphics will never work right.  It is also very likely the wifi won't work either.

You can try this utility which will put the USB drivers you need into your W7 installation flash drive, but this program was written for PC's with the Skylake chipsets, not the Kaby Lake ones.  Hopefully the USB 3 hardware ID's are the same for both.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_windowsimagetool.zip

The USB 2 ports won't work until after W7 is installed, and you can install the chipset driver.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I managed to get Windows 7 installed with the tool you linked so thank you for that.

As you mentioned, the Wi-Fi isn't working but the graphics are.. Is there any way to get the Wi-Fi working or methods that may work that I could try? 

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Ignore my previous message. I installed the Windows 10 Realtek Wi-Fi driver from the HP Support page and it installed with no issues, Everything seems to be working perfectly.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

connect ps2 mouse and keyboard and your problem finish!! 

HP Recommended

I only signed up to thank you, i have been looking for solution for 3 days, yet not a single one is clear and successful as yours, so thank you so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.