2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Lagging Recording

HP Recommended
HP Computer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi Everyone!

I am a teacher and I need to record videos to put online. However when I am trying to record the video it lags and is slow. When I play the video back, it does the same thing. Slow!

Please help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,760 32,660 2,973 7,301
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ShanCal8 

What are you recording them FROM, the Internet? Or from a video camera plugged into your PC?

What application are you using to record them?

What application are you using to play back the videos?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ShanCal8
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello!

My camera is built into my PC. I press the camera Icon on my Start page. On the right hand side there is two buttons. One button is a video recorder and the other picture is a camera. I press the video recorder button and it starts recording me however as soon as it starts recording, it is lagging and slow. If I want to replay the video I just press the play button in the middle of the video and it plays. However the replay is the same. Lagging and slow. I have Windows 8.1 and an older PC. At least 15 years old. 

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,760 32,660 2,973 7,301
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ShanCal8 

My guess is that the laptop being this old, the processor is simply unable to keep up with the demand for transcoding the video in real-time and displaying it.

I have a newer laptop with a 4-core processor and 8GB of memory, and when I stream using it, the CPU load is in the 90% range all the time.  If I try to stream anything over 720p, I experience serious lagging, as well.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation