Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-dq0011dx

All it says is that I need to reset my pin and so it sends a code to my phone and then I enter the code, move on and then it says that it cannot be done at this time to retry. I hit retry and it does nothing. I’ve restarted it manually and on the Home Screen and both of those haven’t changed anything. Not sure what else to do because I can’t even get into my computer. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I suspect It cannot make an online connection.

Pick another way to log in, one that uses the password instead of PIN

If you have more than one account then try the other account.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

It won’t let me use a password. I usually do log in with a password but now it’s only giving me the option of a pin. And this is my only account on here. Doesn’t give an option to even make another one if I wanted to. It’s reset the pin or nothing. 

HP Recommended

Is there a "sign in option"

is there a screen that asks if the system is for work or home:?   Maybe it thinks it is installing or resetting.

Hold down the shift key after powering on. should get into local safe mode.

Unless I am mistaken the right lower corner should have an icon to set up the WiFi..   See if you can connect.

HP Recommended

I am connected to wifi and the shift didn’t seem to change anything. Could it be an issue with Microsoft? Because it is wanting me to reset the pin through Microsoft. But thank you for taking time out of your day to attempt to help me with this. 

HP Recommended

The shift key needs to be held down BEFORE turning on power - my mistake

HP Recommended

Yay! It took me to some troubleshooting page when it turned on. Where do you believe I should go from here?

HP Recommended

@Madisoneupton wrote:

Yay! It took me to some troubleshooting page when it turned on. Where do you believe I should go from here?

Something is not right.  Should have asked for login.

Is the troubleshooting page part of the HP bios or is it part of windows?

I think this is a windows / microsoft problem.  Please read the following from microsoft "answers"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-suddenly-asking-for-a-pin-to-login-ins...

HP Recommended

Hey! I went mia for a bit because I got angry and had to give up for a while lol. But I checked out that page and it seems like they are trying to resolve a different issue than mine. It still isn’t working. I don’t really know what else to try. 

HP Recommended

try booting into safe mode

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644...

Windows asking for PIN is a Microsoft windows feature.  You need to post over at answers.microsoft.com IMHO.to find out how to undo the PIN.  I recall that entering "hello" in the search is used to setup the pin or facial recognition.  Try that to undo the pin while in safe mode.

If your product ID is 7FU46UA#aba then you have cloud recover if system cannot be started.

Microsoft has tech support but you can also try HP's

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.