Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I can't use my GPU because HP decided to lock the "Advanced" Tab in the bios so I can't disable the integrated GPU.

I know how to change the settings. But since its locked I cant change it.

Specs:

i3-9100, 4 core

16gb Ram

GPU (not able to be installed) Rx570 8gb

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

There is something else wrong here.  Did you connect the 6 or 8 pin power connector?

What system do you have?  If more than one slot did you use the one for the graphics card?

Unless you have a really old system that does not function with newer GPU bios's it should work.

I cannot recommend a bios reset (clear cmos) until I know what type of system you have.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

hi

you should give more information about your problem
Especially the exact model of the computer, otherwise it will only be suggestions

But if everything is ok, sufficient power supply, required connector ok, etc.
In 90% of cases, this solves the graphics card problem:

Solved: Re: Black Screen after installing GT610-1024D3LG1(DDR3) - HP Support Community - 8287099

Normal that the integrated, is blocked if you have installed a graphics card

Hello

[start]This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Give the full version of windows

for windows 10 type winver in the search box
if you give the best information
your problem could have a solution more quickly (depending on the difficulty, of course)
Learn how to use the Community

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More

if not enough then give the necessary information, so that @BeemerBiker  continue to try to help you 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

MO #: TP01-0105t

I already have everything setup. I know what I'm doing as far as getting everything setup and things like that, everything connected and turned on. 

HP took the "advanced" tab out of the bios so i cant disable the integrated graphics card. Which gives me no post when the GPU is plugged in. 

I need to be able to access the chipset options. I cant allow the PCIE slot to use the GPU

HP Recommended

The model number you supplied TP01-0105t is not as accurate to use when looking up specifications as the product ID suggested by @Prométhée 

Looking up TP01-0105t I find the following

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06442761

Clicking on motherboard brings up the following

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06432435

According to that ---

BeemerBiker_0-1645221027149.png

Supposedly (HP could be wrong) if a GPU is installed the on-board video stops working.  I have generally found that to be the case for all but their enterprise systems.

If indeed, you have the "Rother" motherboard then there is a slot set aside for the GPU

BeemerBiker_1-1645221259368.png

I suspect there is a problem with the RX-570.  Can you try it in another computer?

HP Recommended

You're not underestanding. There is a setting that I need to disable in BIOS not anything elsee. I know the graphics card works. I know its plugged in correctly and all that jazz. I need to be able to access the advanced tab. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxwgF0_IHI

Video for reference!!!!!!

^^^^ 

That is about exactly what I need to do. 

But HP locked that option, but ive had my pc for over 2 years and this wasn't an issue before. I understand thewy want to make sure that the customers cant harm they're pc's but if i buy it with my own money who cares. I paid for it, so be it.

HP Recommended

OK, think I understand better.  What you want to do is enabled the RX-570 for use on your system.  You suspect if the on-board is disabled the new RX-570 will work.  

I had the same problem with my HP Pro3400 The advanced page was missing. After a patch to the bios I was able to enable my GTX-1060 in addition to keeping the build-in graphics.  The bios on those old systems (Pro3400) is far different from modern UEFI bios like your TP01.   I have read where pressing the A key repeatedly after the F10 brings up the advanced menu but I assume you have tried that.

AFAICT there are no bios patches to unlock the TP01.

What is your product ID?  The info I quoted earlier was based on a similar system.  If an OEM states that a PCIe slots is available for a graphics card and they could be sued if they are preventing it from being used.  OTOH if it only works for their branded board or for boards manufactured (existing) when the product was first offered for sale then they are clear.

My Pro3400 was designed for legacy bios. Boards manufactured (designed) prior to 2012 such as the HD7950 had a switch to select either UEFI or Legacy.  All those boards ran fine in my 3400 and the internal graphics was disabled automatically.  It turned out that a bios batch fixed the problem with the GTX-1060.  You might contact HP (if in warrantee) and find what video board they recommend.  Put your product ID here

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/

and see if there are any  graphic card updates.  If not, contact tech support and tell them you are attempting to buy a graphics card for XXXX and none are listed by partsurfer but the spec for XXXX shows that a slot available for a discrete card and you want to know what to buy.

Be sure to use your product ID to look up the spec and not the model name.

[edit] Left off the contact#https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

RX-570 have been hard to find.  I bought a fake gtx-1050ti a year ago.  It worked and reported itself as a gtx-1050ti but software from techpowerup showed it was fake.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi sorry @BeemerBiker  but some confusion here i think

The video here, is useless, @BigCypho 
I can tell you, after having encountered this type of problem many times here, that you will not be able to deactivate something that is already deactivated!

• Intel UHD Graphics 630
    note:
    Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

Only the professional versions have an option, which allows you to use both at the same time, integrated, and graphics card

no relation to this problem here

The only option to modify, in the bios, after adding a graphics card is the secure mode, link given in the other subject

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

So remove the card, modify then install the card as mentioned

Solved: Re: Black Screen after installing GT610-1024D3LG1(DDR3) - HP Support Community - 8287099

if it does not work, you have a problem other than the integrated chip to be deactivated

You did not specify, the computer, is indicated here, with a 180w power supply unit only, have you replaced it?

TP01-0105t Product Specifications

Power Supply Type
180 W Gold efficiency power supply

the exact model of this graphics card, what is it, because if we refer to this:

https://fr.msi.com/Graphics-Card/Radeon-RX-570-ARMOR-8G-OC/Specification

450 W

https://fr.msi.com/Graphics-Card/Radeon-RX-570-GAMING-X-4G

450 W

https://www.amd.com/fr/products/graphics/radeon-rx-570

450 W

the power supply is insufficient, if you have not replaced it

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have an external PSU running to power the graphics card. I know what I'm saying, and the video was EXACT representation of what I have to do. I cannot use my onboard GPU because of the integrated graphics. Simple enough. 

I have done this process 2 or 3 times already previously around a year or so ago. 

PSU is not a problem here, which i have also run the card with a "sata to 6 pin" adapter, but only for very MINOR use.

The problem is within the bios. You guys are digging into the wrong ideas. 

It's powered by a 500w PSU.

Everything is connected/plugged in.

The video that I linked was a round about almost EXACT representation of what needs done. 

I have tried disabling secure boot and all of that jazz. 

In sum 

I NEED THE ADVANCED TAB TO CHANGE A SETTING. 

Without the integrated GPU disabled it will not let the dedicated GPU post a video source.

Like I said I used to run this same exact GPU in the same exact scenario I'm having now.

Then when I took the GPU out, I switched it back so it could post with just the normal IGPU

But since then they took the advanced tab out!!

I appreciate your efforts btw!!!

HP Recommended

@BigCypho wrote:

I<big snip>

Then when I took the GPU out, I switched it back so it could post with just the normal IGPU

But since then they took the advanced tab out!!

If I understand this correctly you upgraded the bios and lost the ability to enable the RX-570.  So it was working before, Yes, that would tend to get anyone upset.  

If that is the case you may be able to downgrade the bios to the last one that worked.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-0000i/29014367/model/31...

I do not know your "rom family" but there are releases going to to july 4, 2019 for family 8643

I have never tried it (my systems are old) but supposedly the WindowKey + B can restore the previous bios..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.