Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EX475 MediaSmart Server

I need software for HP EX475 MediaSmart Server. Anyone has an idea where I can get it.  

I installed "HP Support Assistant" but this tool doesn't detect my device in the network. I added it manually to my devices... No way to find a copy of the original software in the web to use the device.  I have Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 versions. I can get any Windows version if needed into a VM.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

My research:

* EX470-  GG795AA#ABA

* EX475-  GG796AA#ABA

Specifications, manuals, and device-drivers:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-ex490-mediasmart-server-series/3969714/model/3969716/drivers

Device-drivers (select "Windows", and then select "Home Server", and then click "Change"):

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-ex490-mediasmart-server-series/3969714/model/396...

Good luck!  :generic:

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your time ...

I tried these links. No result. 

HP Support Assistant installed doesn't detect my device like HP Printers of PCs... I forcet it manually but, it is unable to get automatically the drivers ...

I search in legacy files in HPE sites but no trace of these software: HP MediaSmart Server 3.0.

However, the only place I find them in sale is eBay with vendors saling EXxxx box with or without software... risky operation in case I pay for an incompatibility ... I still hope find a better solution.

Thanks again

EX495-HSA.jpg

HP Recommended

Agree with Otto. Seems like this should be a lot easier than it is. Was given a EX475, they didn't have the CD/DVD, and had removed the hard drives. I'm sure I'm just not finding the right link, yes?

HP Recommended

You still need it? I have the original CD's.

HP Recommended

Not OP, but in the same situation.

If you could somehow link the files from that original disc, that would be a huge help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.