Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop PC M01-F0000a (2W899AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

EVERY TIME there is an update of Win 11 or HP, or Firefox, I loose my audio.  WHY.  can it be stopped without just disallowing updates?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @sdftgyhujikol 

I can only suggest trying this W11 22H2 Realtek audio driver update.

I have no idea why audio would fail when updating other software.

I have a Z390 MB (circa 2019) which started life using W10 and I have been sequentially updating this MB to the latest version of Windows. Never had audio problems when doing OS updates or software updates.

There is a BIOS update for your PC at this HP Site. The "Fixes" only show improved security. Don't know if this update would help. There is always a risk of corrupting the MB BIOS if the BIOS update fails.

Proceed with the BIOS update at your own risk.

I would guess you have a MB hardware problem if the above suggestions don't help. Contact HP Support.

Regards

HP Recommended

Pilot Error.  Volume on external speaker was at zero.

HP Recommended

Hi @sdftgyhujikol 

Got ya. Good to see you don't have a hardware problem.

I do stuff like this all the time.

Regards

HP Recommended

Pilot Error!  Next time I will check the mechanical volume control on the external amplifier...........Get so used to computers and digital control that we forget there are analog controls also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.