Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Samsung SCX-4828 FN
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I try to find if my my mutifunction printer Samsung SCX-4828FN is compatible with Mac OS Catalina.

I need this information BEFORE upgrading from OS Mojave to OS Catalina

Thank You if you can lead me to the appropriate answer

HP Recommended Solution: Samsung printers compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15. Click here
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BillBoo 

OK, so WHY are you asking HERE about a Samsung printer?

You need to check either with Apple (for OS compatibility with printers) or with Samsung (for printer compatibility with Mac OSs).

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BillBoo 

OK, so WHY are you asking HERE about a Samsung printer?

You need to check either with Apple (for OS compatibility with printers) or with Samsung (for printer compatibility with Mac OSs).

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

hi WaWood, thank you for your prompt reply

This is a question here because the HP assistance doesn't give the information about availability of SCX4828FN driver for Mac OS Catalina, but just for OS Mojave.  More over, I've been unabled to record my printer in my profile as the HP server doesn't allow the registration of that printer model. So, after surfing the web for more than 1 hour, I finally reach that post and try to know if somebody already red and where, if a Samsung SCX4828 FN multifunction printer (now supported by HP) driver will be avaiable or is already available somewhere, for OS Catalina 64 bits.

On the HP assitance server, there is ony a software for OS Mojave 64 bits.

Thank You

HP Recommended

thank you, i reformulated my research and found information

at https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06520117

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.