Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 590-p0057na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New PC and new to W10 and Macrium. Tweaking things. For better or worse decided to stay with 1903 initially since everything seemed OK. Delayed installing some available updates not realising that 1909 was optional.

Installed Macrium Reflect and created Bootable PD and System Image.

Created System Image and bootable USB PD using Microsoft own facility.

On selecting - 'Update and Security - Recovery - Advanced Start Up' - PC re-booted as expected and brought up the screen giving the option to boot from a USB PD.

I then uninstalled McAfee and installed Avast AntiVirus and Comodo Firewall.

Updated to 1909.

On selecting the Advanced Start Up Option as previously, the Screen giving option to boot from USB PD did not appear.

After a lot of messing about, since I had forgotten about the F11 option, I restored the Macrium Image I had created immediately after installing Macrium, before the problem arose.

I then repeated the sequence, uninstalling McAfee and installed Avast. On checking, the screen offering the USB PD boot option appeared as normal. I installed Comodo after which the problem arose as before with the screen not being available.

Haven't updated to 1909 which I assume won't change things.

Surprised that installing Comodo has such an effect – any help appreciated or should I just live with it – F11 still works OK

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JayLiam 

Sounds like the issue is the COMODO AV product -- and sorry, we have no way of helping you with that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.