Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15t-dw100 C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I click on the Email icon on the bottom, center tool bar and add my google account, the google account does not load at all, no folders, no emails, etc.  It states "Nothing has arrived yet".  I've added the address correctly as when I add my yahoo account, all is loaded correctly.  Why is it not loading my gmail account?  Is there any way to get an icon on this tool bar that will launch gmail?  If yes, please explain step by step detail as I'm not good at this.  Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jennica1000 

You're basically trying to incorporate Gmail into Microsoft Mail -- and that is a lot of work.

If that's the way you want to go, then read this: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/add-gmail-email-windows-10-mail-app/

I use Gmail but I do it differently.  I use the new Edge browser and point it to my Gmail online account.  That opens the mail in a Browser Window and I don't have to deal with Microsoft Mail.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  What a bummer.  I bought the new notebook but use google for everything.  I do have my gmail pinned to my web browser so when I open Chrome it opens too.  Is that what you mean?  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!!  

HP Recommended

@Jennica1000 

Sorry, didn't explain it very well.

What I meant is that trying to get Windows Mail to incorporate GMail is a LOT of work and generally NOT worth the effort when you can use Gmail very easily in a browser.

MS likes to think they provide LOTS of free apps to folks in Win10, but what they are really doing most of the time, is forcing you to do things THEIR way (with their apps) when all you want to do is work things YOUR way.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.