Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rick52
Level 1
8 4 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Microsoft Says I need to update my BIOS, but HP has no BIOS updates and WINDOWS 10 will not update

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion h8-1080t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot update WINDOWS 10 to the latest version, apparently it is a BIOS issue.  I have not had a new BIOS since dated late 2011.

Any hope to keep using this computer and upgrade my WINDOWS 10?  I get the error 0x80070003, and Microsoft support says it requires the BIOS update first.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,734 32,634 2,970 7,292
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rick52 

First of all, Win10 v20.04 has had MAJOR issues ever since it came out, which is why MS BLOCKED it for months.

Second, MS now claims they have fixed many of the issues, but new ones keep popping up every week.

And, if v209.04 was so great, then why is MS still providing updates for Win10 v19.09?

I would count myself lucky that my PC did not upgrade to v20.04 and trash itself in the process -- like so many others.

HP is not working on BIOS updates for older PCs, as far as we know, so no -- there does not appear to be any near-term fix for this issue.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation