Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just installed the iTune application into my PC then after the installation I saw a massage on black screen that desktop is not available it followed a blue screen saying windows getting ready.the loading continued for about an hour then the computer shut down.during the restart some massages displayed on the screen that the HP BIOS IS MISSING OR CORRUPT.it opens a blue screen on windows recovery saying your PC couldn't start properly a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed

Error code:0xc000000f

The only options below the error code is press enter to try again and press F8 for startup settings...but when i press enter the PC tries to restart but it can't.a massage is displaying that your PC ran into a problem it needs to restart and it just shuts down 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Have been messing with PCs since the mid 1980s. I have never seen a legitimate software installation corrupt the BIOS.

Did you create any previous system image backups which could be used to restore the operating system disk?

You may have to reinstall Windows if the PC will POST and you have no disk image backups.

You might want to pull the primary disk, connect this disk to a different PC as a data drive, and copy data to a different PC or an external USB drive.

Don't know what else to tell you in this situation.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.