Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6310y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Our old Windows 7 Pavilion p6310y won't boot this morning. It went through the repair process overnight and said the drive failed. The boss is picking up a new HP Slimline 290 Windows 10 PC this morning. What is the best way to migrate the apps from the Win 7 machine to the new Win 10 machine? Quickbooks is on the old HD and tomorrow is payroll! I'm under the gun.

Any help please would be greatly appreciated. And, no I did not have a restore disk but I did create a Win 7 repair disk from another Win 7 machine in the office. But it won't boot from the DVD either.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
I may not have understood what you want to do:
"And, no I did not have a restore disk but I did create a Win 7 repair disk from another Win 7 machine in the office. But it won't boot from the DVD either."
If it is for the old pc, you should not mix everything and open another wire for this problem!
not to use therefore on the new one, where it will be necessary to create if possible its own reinstallation kit
, so to my knowledge there is no other way than reinstalling the software on the new pc, some programs cannot be moved like that, it can go through a complete installation!
You must therefore have the installation media for each program!
And some old programs do not work with windows 10, you must check with the designers if the case, or if updates are available!
Some programs were probably offered, preinstalled, for them, it is normally not possible to use them with another computer, everything will depend on the software!

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I would like to get to a point where i have a C prompt and I can run chkdsk. Is that possible? I have the blue screen with

<F10-Setup>                     <F11-System Recovery>

<Esc-Boot Menu>             <F9-Diagnostics>            v5.14

How do I get past this screen.

It seems to freeze when Loading Boot Menu or Loading Setup.

HP Recommended

Sorry but if we have two different problems, it would be better to open two subjects (discussion thread)
I advise you to try f9 and check if the hard drive is not a problem!

you can try this too :

Testing for Hardware Failures

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.