Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Missing Ethernet/network drivers

HP Deskpro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My Puter was acting up and full of clutter. Took nearly 2 min. to start up. Didn't know what half the junk was so I simply backed it up on a thumb drive and re-installed Windows 7 home professional 64 with the disk I got with the Puter. Couldn't access the internet afterwords. Ethernet controller Driver and network drivers were not there!  I have downloaded them from HP website onto the thumb drive and want to try to re-install home professional again. (I had to install Win 8 because that's the only other disk that came with the PC. It did get me on the internet though.) After I run the install disk again, will I be able to add the drivers off of the thumb drive?

5 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
7570 605 2658
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting !

Please, provide the full computer model in order to get specific answer

>> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Topics-Read-Only/Advice-for-asking-the-quot-Very-Best-Que...

Thank you for your cooperation !

**** It would be great if you use the THUMB-UP+ button below for encouragement, likes and kudos
**** Please, hit the button to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
Handymanmitch Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

It's an "HP ProDesk 405 G1 MT". Thank yo0u for your interestin helping me.

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
7570 605 2658
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Hi,

Thank you for the provided information.

Here >> http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6559745 is the general URL where you can select supported Windows versions and download the necessary driver

Windows 7 x 64 specifically here >> http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6559745&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060

Once you open the link, scroll down to Driver-Network, click on the + to expand it and download all the applicable drivers. Save them to a USB thumb drive and you can eventually install them.

Let me know if this works for you.

**** It would be great if you use the THUMB-UP+ button below for encouragement, likes and kudos
**** Please, hit the button to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
Handymanmitch Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Okay. Thank you. I might keep  Win 8 for now....getting used to it....I have the missing files on a thumb drive now so if iI decide to re install 7 home professional i'll be ready.

Thanks again.

Mitch.

Dean Dean
Dean
7570 605 2658
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

You are most welcome !

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation