Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dell Optiplex Desktop Computer PC

Trying to hook up a 2nd monitor, when I click windows+p  it’s say pc can’t project to another screen. My computer won’t detect another screen. But the screens are mirroring each other. When I go under the device manager the pci serial port and the pci simple communications controller both have the yellow explanation mark on them. They both say can not find drivers. I dk if this is my problem or not. But I’m trying to hook up duel monitors and it’s not working 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

What operating system are you running?

Those two devices needing drivers would have nothing to do with why your PC can't project to another screen.

The graphics driver would control that.

HP Recommended

I just bought this. It has windows 10 
Are you looking for the product key on the sticker of the modem? 

the screens are working but they are mirroring each other. I can’t get them on duel Mode 

HP Recommended

OK, so now I know your PC is running Widows 10.  I don't need any other info regarding W10.

What I don't know is what model Dell Optiplex PC you have.

That model series has been around since the 1990's.  There are literally hundreds of different model variations.

I can't provide the links to the drivers you need for those devices without that information.

I currently have a Dell Optiplex 7020.

You should be able to provide that info after reading the guidance at the link below.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln298441/how-to-find-the-product-model-of-your-dell-comp...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.