Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 500-a60
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC can not be connected to Internet.  HP Network Check says: "Reset the "Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter" adapter. I uninstalled in program "Qualcomm Atheros AR9485...." as an malware. I ask you for download of this driver  for repair/reset our PC.

Hope you can help.

Marie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Marie:

It is 14:47 here in the middle of the USA.

You can click on the large blue 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply that best answered your question.

Kudos are placed by clicking on the white 'thumbs up' icon in the purple box at the bottom of the replies.

Glad that everything is working for you now.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Paul

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 Atheros driver works...

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71815.exe

OPERATING SYSTEM(S):
Microsoft Windows 10 32
Microsoft Windows 10 64

LANGUAGE(S): Global

DEVICES SUPPORTED:
Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9380 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

HP Recommended

Hallo, Paul,

many thanks for your info. So far, the  driver  I copied from the link does not work. 

Maybe, I should descripe my installation. I copied  the driver to an external memory stick. Then I copied

sp71815 on the desktop of demaged desk PC (icon in blue like wings).  After that, I  clicked the icon and  followed the instructions, accepted the conditions. The driver appeared in SWSETUP/sp71815 . After restarting computer  no connection to Internet after all.

Maybe, you can tell me to my installation what did I do wrong?

I wish you Merry Christmas and happy New Year

marie

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your steps to install the driver were correct.

Unfortunately, I don't know why it didn't work, or how to troubleshoot the problem further.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

HP Recommended

Hallo, Paul,

thanks for your yesterday s  info . This driver was correct for sure because it was installed to the path SWSETUP automatically. It was also in the list for supporting drivers. Before my mistake with uninstalling, a lot of software was bought and installed.  I am not able and allowed to transfer to the laptop what makes me sad to loose that if I decide to recycle this desk PC.  

It was a nice support from you.

marie

HP Recommended

Good evening Paul,

here is 9.30 p.m. -in Europe.

I have a new msge, computer works. Your driver was correct.  When I was bringing computer to the repair shop Internet worked. After returning home I had the same error again that no Internet connection is possible. Therefore a started a new research because computer is connected to the  printer and printer HP- all- in-one  to the rooter. Now, I uninstalled software for HP printer and installed from CD. It probably  should be done after replacing the missing driver with your recomended driver.

The error still appeared until the computer asked for the connection to the network at one moment. Finally,  I  found the list of networks and filled up the passwort . Internet started to work.

Can you tell me about kudos what is it and how I place it? Is it some kind of points for solution?

Many thanks.

Marie

HP Recommended

Hi, Marie:

It is 14:47 here in the middle of the USA.

You can click on the large blue 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply that best answered your question.

Kudos are placed by clicking on the white 'thumbs up' icon in the purple box at the bottom of the replies.

Glad that everything is working for you now.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Paul

HP Recommended

Hallo, Paul,

I hope to end my Odysseus journey and could have the desk PC saved. I did not count with Internet already.

My laptop helped for Internet but it is Window 7 with slow processor and smaller size of hard disk.

Wishing very very good 2018 and thanks for your help ones more.

Marie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.