Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Ryzen 3 8GB 1TB RX550 Gaming PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new computer, every so often the mouse and keyboard goes very sluggish. Scrolling on a webpage and the scrolling stops, then the screen jumps to where it would have scrolled to. If I switch on mouse-trails the mouse freezes on screen. Typing text and nothing happens, then a second later the text pops up on screen. Yes I did run "Reset This PC with the Keep My Files" option to no effect. Obviously some process is hogging the CPU. What I would like to know is, which one and how to I find it and disable it.

One other thing I've noticed is that I have two display adaptors: 'AMD Radeon RX 550' and 'AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics'. The 'AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics' says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

AMD is having a USB issue {(Link) to details and associated links in the article on this subject}. An AMD update is due in April 2021. It could be a while until HP releases a BIOS update for your PC.

Can't say for sure if this is your problem. A new PC should work correctly out of the box.

Then HP has to release a BIOS update to fix the problem. It could be a while to see a HP BIOS update.

Your options are: wait for a HP BIOS update or return the PC for exchange/refund.

I have a Ryzen 3900x on a 550 motherboard. I have not seen this problem to date. You may have a different problem. 

The Vega 8 graphics issue may or may not be related. You are running a RX 550. Uninstall the Vega graphics (possible unknown device) in Control Panel, Device Manager if possible. I don't see why you have this error to begin with. Vega graphics should be disabled.

Regards

HP Recommended

> The Vega 8 graphics issue may or may not be related. You are running a RX 550. Uninstall the Vega graphics (possible unknown device) in Control Panel, Device Manager if possible. I don't see why you have this error to begin with. Vega graphics should be disabled.

Well, 'Vega graphics' is not working (Code 31). Is it normal to have two display adaptors active at once. Does one of them need to be disabled or do both need to be enabled. If I uninstall "Vega graphics can I still see something or will I be presented with a black screen?

Youtube videos also randomly pauses but not the audio. That would not be the USB problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.