Jayden_7080
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My Desktop is stuck in Automatic Repair Mode

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Name :Pavilion 65XX

Operating System :Microsoft Windows 10 (64 Bit)

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,554
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jayden_7080, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This is happening because Windows cannot start/boot .It may be caused due to simple Windows hung, hardware problem (e.g. your HDD) or it may be caused by faulty Windows Update, some other faulty update/driver, corrupted bootloader / Boot Configuration Data in Windows etc....

1. Perform some basic hardware checks to rule out hardware problem

- Please, shutdown the computer using the power button (pressed and hold for a few seconds until PC powers off)

- Power the computer back on.

As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) before any logo appears. This should open a HP Startup Menu

- Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . 

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD (hard disk drive) and RAM check (memory check)

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation