Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TE01-3000i
Microsoft Windows 11

I open settings, click System>Notifications and it freezes for a second then crashes, I've seen another post about this on microsoft but it did not work. The error code says

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3235, time stamp: 0x3a143f4b

Faulting module name: SettingsHandlers_Notifications.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2506, time stamp: 0x998773a4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000002c519

Faulting process id: 0x0x16C4

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA7C6F85CC91AA

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\SettingsHandlers_Notifications.dll

Report Id: 363fddce-085b-4a37-8570-6a674f1630a0

Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Is there another way to fix this? It stops me from receiving any notifications. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is a link to a tutorial on the Win11 community forum about resetting the Settings app:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/reset-and-re-register-settings-app-in-windows-11.2411/

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.