Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0810no
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

For no reason, and out of the blue, my computer started an HP BIOS UPDATE.

I do not know what that is, and I did not think that I needed it.

Now it does not go away. It says "progress 100%", but nothing more happens, it is stuck.

I have tried several times to turn it off and then on again. It starts the same update, and then gets stuck at 100 %; nothing more happens after that.

What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have a new PC.

Try all Desktop BIOS recovery steps at this (Link).

A failure to recover the BIOS suggests contacting HP Support (Link).

I would also disable the HP Support Assistant BIOS update option to prevent this in the future.

Regards

HP Recommended

I did not want to "recover the BIOS"!

I have absolutely no idea what a BIOS is. I never intended for this to happen.The computer was working just fine, and I did not want to change anything.

From out of nowhere, the computer started this "BIOS" all by itself. Now it is stuck in this window, and nothing happens:

IMG-20200728-WA0000.jpeg:

HP Recommended

@eivindsolfjell 

The image shows a HP BIOS recovery.

The PC should be able to boot correctly after a successful BIOS recovery. It is possible you may have to swap in a new motherboard if the PC cannot start correctly after doing a BIOS recovery.

You may have to contact HP Support if you cannot use the PC. My first response has a link to HP Support.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.