Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Desktop TP01-0013np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I didn't have access to the windows settings and, when I was trying to solve the problem, I made a mistake:  I disabled all HP Services on MSCONFIG.

Now, I have a blue screen and the windows doesn't start at all (error: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVER).

I tried to run the MSCONFIG to put enable the HP services again, from the command prompt, but nothing appears, not even a message.

Anyone knows how to run the MSCONFIG from the MS-DOS prompt or another method to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

The only thing I can think of to fix this is to create W10 installation media using this site (Link).

Boot to the media. Select "Repair".

Navigate through the options to use the "Safe Boot" option to boot into Safe Mode. This would be "Troubleshoot", "Advanced Options", "Startup Settings". Then select "Safe Mode" after a restart.

Maybe you can restore Msconfig to normal startup so the PC will boot again.

You could also try a Microsoft System Restore if this function is enabled. Or you could restore a Microsoft system image if you use this or use third party recovery software to recover a valid system image if you use third part recovery software such as Macrium Reflect free (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help but nothing works. It always return to the blue screen and the “start msconfig” at the DOS prompt don’t run.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have never tried running Msconfig at an administrative command prompt. How are you getting to a command prompt if Windows blue screens at startup? It would seem you need to do a repair by using Microsoft installation media. That's the only way I know how to troubleshoot a Windows blue screen problem if you have driver problem, or system file corruption, or a misconfigured system due to an update or user error.

Previous instructions should allow you to get to Windows safe mode so you can run Msconfig within Windows or try a Microsoft System Restore.

Maybe I am not following you correctly or a different forum member has a solution that works.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.