Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 520 PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

after a BSOD due to breakdown of my HDD i installed a new one. As i no longer have a recovery disc i downloaded Win 7 Home Premium to get it installed using Microsoft USB installation tool. When starting installation windows asks me for dvd rom driver. Where can i get this driver from? Can't find it anywhere.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Qowaz

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Try the HP Cloud Recovery Tool which allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFBWPmy32ms is the YouTube video on Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows 7.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No recovery possible with a brandnew, empty HDD!

And i dont have original recovery discs!

Downloaded standard windows 7 home premium from the internet and want to install it using windows usb installer tool. Installation starts normal but after starting windows asks immediately for drive driver. Not sure if hdd driver or dvd rom driver. In Bios both units, sata hdd und dvd rom are shown, so bios recognizes them.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@Qowaz
Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like operating system software image issue most of the time downloaded OS file from 3rd party website will be corrupted or bad file.

I would suggest contact our HP support in order to get the original recovery media or purchase the original windows 7 home premium software with the license product key from Microsoft.

Hope this helps!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.