Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
New HP PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, There

As I know current day whole world wide started to use 64 bits platform Windows. However, due to my previous software incompatible with new 64 bits software. I would like to seek a new HP PC that can still able to install Windows 10 in 32 bits OS. Please do advice me which current model that able to run with above requirement. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GreenGiant72 

Apps that are 32-bit run just fine in 64-bit Windows 10 -- as they are installed to Program Files (x86).  So, the problem is not 32-bit apps.

If you're trying to run an older 16-bit app, that is a serious issue as you can only do that in the 32-bit version of Win10.  IS that what you are trying to do?

Any modern PC that can run 64-bit OS can also run 32-bit OS -- you just will be limited to using about 3.5GB of memory, so if you have a lot more than that, the remainder is essentially wasted.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.