duckboat
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Need Win 7 Download from HP

HP Recommended
Compaq Presario
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have the Win 7 code to download, but Microsoft says "Error - Must use MFG Version". Have gone round and round at HP. Where do I get the HP version?

4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,568 32,468 2,955 7,258
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@duckboat 

Sorry, but basically -- you don't! Why? Because HP has stopped carrying the Win7 recovery media.

There are third-party sites that claim to carry it, but I don't have their information and the one I used to cite has been closed down.

Hopefully, someone will come along with another site you can use.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,074 122,251 20,094 30,818
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @duckboat 

HP never provided a free download for W7 for your PC's model series, and as WAWood posted, they quit selling recovery media directly years ago.

You may have two options:

1. Enter the full model number or product number in the search window at the link below and see if this vendor sells recovery media for your PC.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/

2. You can still download a Retail W7 Home Premium 32 or 64 bit ISO file at the link below, toward the bottom of the page.

https://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-home-premium-free-download-iso-32-bit-64...

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

Since it is a retail ISO file, and your PC has an OEM product key, you may have to use the Microsoft automated phone activation system to activate the installation.

Glodeo
Level 2
37 30 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Duckboat, did you have any luck in getting the recovery media?

I am having the same problem!

THanks,

GLodeo

0 Kudos
duckboat
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul, I will try that. I am just trying to rescue an old PC to give to students in my county. I just have to get it up and running before the charity group reloads it for use.

I have checked drive via an adapter (OK) and power supply (OK) and have a replacement motherboard. Monitor checks out, but on boot, nothing on screen. Great puzzlement.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation