Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0044
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion 590-p0004  on current Windows 10  22H2  is randomly freezing after installing BIOS update F57 from HP support site. Have run every possible scan to eliminate any other explanation.  Need to roll back to earlier BIOS. I have already reinstalled the same BIOS F57 with no effect.  Since HP released a faulty version (just read the online chatter) they need to provide an easy way to roll back to an earlier version.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi

You may have to wait for HP to release a new BIOS version

Or check the following link for a way to reprogram the BIOS using an earlier version. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Fix-For-The-F-57-BIOS-Bug-Which-Causes-Windows-10-amp-... 

Kudos to @pcgraphix for providing a solution.

Or find a local PC tech who can reprogram the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Hi  -

Thanks.  I had found this earlier and decided it was too scary.

The real issue is how do we put pressure on HP to quickly fix a problem that they created?

- Ian

HP Recommended

Hi

My pleasure.

I am a Forum volunteer and don't work for HP.

Hopefully HP, if aware of this problem, will quickly issue a new BIOS update to fix the problem. There are other products, in addition to the 590 series and 690 series PCs, affected by recent faulty BIOS updates.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue - hoping for the new BIOS soon.  The fix is pretty complex.  I have a Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0024.

HP Recommended

F.58 Rev.A

Does this fix the F57 BIOS freezing issue?   Has anyone tried it?? 

HP Recommended

Hi @mesoulz@igw  

HP has released the F.58 BIOS update to fix the previous BIOS update. 

Try it. Hopefully it will work.

HP Recommended

I tried, it rebooted (phew!).  Hopefully no more locking!

HP Recommended

UPDATE:  Still going, no freezing!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.