Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Out-of-the-box NEW machine would not boot.  I used Microsoft Media Creation tool to get Win 10 bootable USB flash drive.  Win 10 Pro is now on 1TB HDD.  This new machine also has a 128gb SSD.  The SSD is not recognized.  Now that I have it where it will boot, how do I get it to recognize the SSD &then move the O/S to the SSD

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dodiman 

OK, so did the PC come with Win10 loaded to the HDD instead of the SSD?

Are you trying to Install or to Move the OS from the HDD to the SSD?

Open Disk Management by entering Create and Format in the search area.  Then scroll down through the list of drives.  Report back here what you find.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi WAWood, I assumed the PC would have come with the O/S on the SSD.  I don't know where it originally was because it wouldn't boot (new right-out-of-the-box).  I downloaded a bootable win 10 installer on a flash drive.  Following as instructed by supposed tech support from the seller, I deleted a lot of partitions & installed the O/S on what I thought was the SSD.  Here's my disk management drives list.  

Dodiman_0-1586912996175.png

At this point I'm not really sure what to do: I bought this with an SSD for super-fast startup & assumed the O/S needed to be on that drive.  I just want ability to fully utilize SSD and HDD.  Right now it's as there is no SSD. Any/All suggestions appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.