Dodiman
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Need help: getting Win 10 Pro to recognize SSD & move O/S to that drive

HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Out-of-the-box NEW machine would not boot.  I used Microsoft Media Creation tool to get Win 10 bootable USB flash drive.  Win 10 Pro is now on 1TB HDD.  This new machine also has a 128gb SSD.  The SSD is not recognized.  Now that I have it where it will boot, how do I get it to recognize the SSD &then move the O/S to the SSD

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,580 32,480 2,955 7,259
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dodiman 

OK, so did the PC come with Win10 loaded to the HDD instead of the SSD?

Are you trying to Install or to Move the OS from the HDD to the SSD?

Open Disk Management by entering Create and Format in the search area.  Then scroll down through the list of drives.  Report back here what you find.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Dodiman
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi WAWood, I assumed the PC would have come with the O/S on the SSD.  I don't know where it originally was because it wouldn't boot (new right-out-of-the-box).  I downloaded a bootable win 10 installer on a flash drive.  Following as instructed by supposed tech support from the seller, I deleted a lot of partitions & installed the O/S on what I thought was the SSD.  Here's my disk management drives list.  

Dodiman_0-1586912996175.png

At this point I'm not really sure what to do: I bought this with an SSD for super-fast startup & assumed the O/S needed to be on that drive.  I just want ability to fully utilize SSD and HDD.  Right now it's as there is no SSD. Any/All suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation