Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TouchSmart 20
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I reinstalled windows to wipe clean the computer because it was running slow, but now I don't have access to apps like word, excel, and outlook. Is there anyway to recover these apps? Like a reset button on the back somewhere or something?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@CKullin , welcome to the Community.

If you didn't purchase the apps that you mentioned they are provided as Value-added software and are not available if you do a clean install of Windows.  If you do a System Recovery using the HP software I believe most of them would be installed.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@CKullin 

First off, you should NOT have done that -- as a reset nearly always does NOTHING to address a slow PC.  That is nearly always a a hardware issue -- most often an indication of a failing drive.

Second, the HP Recover Media does not contain add-ons like MS Office, so even if you do a restore using that, you will not get the Office apps back -- and as far as I know, HP does not provide downloads for these, either.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@CKullin

You never made Recovery Media when prompted? I see from the Product Information Page it came preinstalled with Windows 8 64 bit. You can try here put in your serial number. There was a site that sold HP and Compaq recovery media. They only sold HP and Compaq and they had every system ever sold. I forget what the site is. If I remember I will come back and post. This company also had the option for a customer to send their computer to them as long as you purchased the media they would recover your system. They were located in Kentucky.

<edit>

I have found the site it is Computer Surgeons  I have always had good luck ordering from them. 

HP Recommended

@i386 

The Recovery Media that those sites sell does NOT include add-ons like MS Office. That media only includes the HP apps that come preloaded.  The OP specifically wants to get MS Office reinstalled.  So using that media, is no different from using the same media purchased from HP.  Those sites are useful when HP not longer carries the media.

HP Recommended

@WAWood

On the systems I used they did. Most of them  they are real factory image media and some will rebuild the recovery partition.

I have used on many systems and it takes a few ours because of it rebuilding the recovery partition and will give the option to boot to recovery partition by pressing F11 and on Windows 7 you can get to recovery by F8 incase you loose the media you purchase from them. I do not intend to argue. Some of the recovery media they sell are HP branded OS disk with separate disk for drivers. I know because I have purchased media all kinds OS and the Factory Image.  Most of the pavilion will be the Factory Image. Business models will be OS and drivers and some Business like the HP Elite 8300 I got the media that would rebuild the recovery partition.

HP Recommended

@i386 

Yeah -- that is right -- but you're missing the point that the OP specifically wanted MS Office back -- and the Recovery Media does NOT include that.  So, going to another site to buy their copy of the media is not going to get MS Office back.

HP Recommended

@WAWood

As I have stated it will put the system back to factory with the ones that have factory image. And they will get the preinstalled MS Office I think the 60 day trial. But maybe I misunderstood I do not know what version of MS office they had. I am sorry I just assumed they purchased the trial version that was preinstalled. 

HP Recommended

Hello
once again it is an endless discussion, and where the user, no longer gives any sign of life
In order to be able to respond effectively anyway, we are missing the main
what is the exact model of the  computer in question, and the version of windows 10
here we can just see

Product: Pavilion TouchSmart 20
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Then it does not matter if the software is included or not, since as indicated they are generally trial versions, if the user has not bought a product key, it would be of no use to him, if he has a product key. , it must be able to download the software directly from microsft

For outlook, it's the same thing, we must be able to download it, although, it seems to me that it is no longer in support at microsoft
Anyway, rather than paying for driver discs, we should be able to retrieve certain items from the product page
I have often done it with cyberlink software for example, although it is indicated update, we can have the full version
It is missing, no problem we can find many free alternative software
Personally, I have never spent a € to reinstall a computer or drivers!
@CKullin  we are waiting to hear from you if you still need help

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Just to prove I was right you can get the Original MS Office and us it until trial is up and that it IS for sure included with the Factory Image disk from the site I posted. Make sure it is the Factory Image and NOT the HP Branded OS and drivers. Being a Pavilion line it should be the Factory Image.

I went into the root folder on the HP_RECOVERY partition . This drive is Hidden and I have a tool to access this area.

I cannot stand for someone to make me look like a fool. Especially when I try to help people. Also someone who will be nameless got me banned for 24 hrs. on this HP Community. I have yet got an explanation as to why I was banned. All I was doing was trying to help someone

The below is on a .ini file named (12WWIDDW601) There are other things that is on the .ini but I only posted the MS Office.

Blk_159=P002L9-ABH
; P002L9-ACH = Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit Language Pack

====================================================================================
Blk_57=MS Office Home and Business 2010
Blk_58=MS Office Personal 2010
Blk_59=MS Office Professional 2010

====================================================================================

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.