Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G3 TWR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We purchase EliteDesk 800 G3 TWR 12 pcs for our customer,  its coming with win 10 pro, customer want to downgrade win 7 pro. There is no CD OR DVD COMING WITH THE BOX. Is it downgradable if how can do this? Please advise...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @AntonyVargese

Your model has a very convenient tool to install W7 Pro, called the Cloud Recovery Client.

I have attached the instructions for use below, and below is the link to the file from your PC's support page...

This package provides the Cloud Recovery Client for supported models running a supported operating system. This Client Utility enables users to download the Recovery Kit from the cloud.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85318.exe

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@AntonyVargese

Please read the following article first

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/

I think machines come with Intel Gen 7 processors and HP only supports to downgrade machines which come with Intel Gen 6 processors as mentioned on the following article

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-eliteone-800-g3-23.8-inch-non-touch-all-in-one-pc/15292420/d...

Which clearly says

4Only available with 6th generation (Intel) processors.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Its coming with CPU I 6500 6Gen Core i5-4C.

HP Recommended

@AntonyVargese wrote:

customer want to downgrade win 7 pro.

Have you told the customer that Microsoft will terminate all support for Windows 7 in January 2020 -- 18 months from now.  At that time, the customer will have to invest their time to "migrate" their personal files and applications from Windows 7 to Windows 10, to have a supported operating system.  Is the customer prepared to do that, or are they prepared to pay you to do the migration for them?

Already, I have run into websites that refuse to run properly using Internet Explorer 11 under Windows 7. Their web-site developers are targeting Windows 10, which was released 3 years ago -- in 2015.

HP Recommended

Actually there is some applications from the customer only support win 7. 

HP Recommended

@AntonyVargese wrote:

Actually, there is some applications from the customer only support win 7. 

I am surprised that the vendor(s) of such software has not updated their software since 2015, when Windows 10 was released.  Those vendors need to update their software before January 2020, if they still wish to market their software in 2020.

Also, note that Windows 10 has "compatibility mode", to run an application as if it were running under Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Hi, @AntonyVargese

Your model has a very convenient tool to install W7 Pro, called the Cloud Recovery Client.

I have attached the instructions for use below, and below is the link to the file from your PC's support page...

This package provides the Cloud Recovery Client for supported models running a supported operating system. This Client Utility enables users to download the Recovery Kit from the cloud.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85318.exe

HP Recommended

Dear Team,

Thanks for your support, i am trying with cloud recovery USB, still i can able to install the Win 7 Pro. But the drivers still trying to update. Download all the drivers from hp.com but not working. I am still working on it any update i will post it.

HP Recommended

Dear Team,

Thanks for your support and solutions, Its done with the Cloud recovery Usb, also i want to make the driver usb separate for updating all drivers. So sucessfully complted all of My desktops are working fine.

Thanks to all. 

Expecting this support in future also.

HP Recommended

Dear Team,

Thanks for your support and solutions, Its done with the Cloud recovery Usb, also i want to make the driver usb separate for updating all drivers. So sucessfully complted all of My desktops are working fine.

Thanks to all. 

Expecting this support in future also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.