Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G5 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Dear Chaps, 

Have just opened my new desktop (as it was a Christmas Gift, from my wife), it was orderd 8/11/18 and never checked until today( as it was a gift, wrapped up etc). I have inside the box, key board, mouse , power lead, PC and instructions on how to install the SSD drive, but, no drive. I have emailed various different areas of HP Sales and chatted to two different people on line, who gave me various telephone numbers - which no longer worked! I have since been emailed from HP Support saying my case is now closed? But, there is nor account on the email that tells me what they are going to do?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RLG59RD

Some modern PCs use a memory stick formatted as a file system in place of the older HDDs and SSDs -- so did you also check for this? It would be attached to the motherboard with screws and plugs into a socket on the surface.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@RLG59RD wrote:

Dear Chaps, 

Have just opened my new desktop (as it was a Christmas Gift, from my wife), it was orderd 8/11/18 and never checked until today( as it was a gift, wrapped up etc). I have inside the box, key board, mouse , power lead, PC and instructions on how to install the SSD drive...

@RLG59RD

Did you order SSD drive ? If yes, it should be pre-installed.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, 

I did order the drive as part of my package, along with Windows 10 Pro - there is not a drive installed, i have checked?

RLG

HP Recommended

@RLG59RD

Some modern PCs use a memory stick formatted as a file system in place of the older HDDs and SSDs -- so did you also check for this? It would be attached to the motherboard with screws and plugs into a socket on the surface.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Can i please express my appreciation to WAWood, without your help i would not have known about the SSD drives appearance. I was looking for a seperate device, that i had to install, particularly with instructions to do so  being in the PC box. Incidentally, the hardware ID for the SSD drive, that i was advised to look for by HP Technical advice, was the problem. I was looking for the number on all the components on the motherboard that i had been advised by them and could not get anything to corolate, hence my post on here. I was convinced that the device had been over looked at point of purchase. In the end, i decided to start the PC and hope it started...........it did -

Many thanks to your help, it is a shame HP themselves could not have been as accomodating.

Kind Regards

RLG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.