Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Created Media Creation for both Windows 10 and 11. Starts but when it get to the part where you select a drive is says no drive found. You can load drivers but nothing from the manufacturer is working.  It is a Crucial P2 Plus NVME M.2 that claims to be backwards compatible.   My research mentions something about Loading an Intel Driver first but I cant find the process. Basically there has to be a Windows 11 media from HP for my device that has the drivers needed.  Please help. HP Pavilion 24-ca1234 Bundle AiO PC (577B5AA) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I zipped up and attached the Intel storage controller drivers below so Windows can find the drive.

Copy all of the files in both folders in the attached file to a USB flash drive.

Have the flash drive and your Windows installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W11 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next and if those are the right drivers Windows should find the drive and install.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I zipped up and attached the Intel storage controller drivers below so Windows can find the drive.

Copy all of the files in both folders in the attached file to a USB flash drive.

Have the flash drive and your Windows installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W11 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next and if those are the right drivers Windows should find the drive and install.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I saw this as a fix but I couldn't find the file. HP has about 30 files for this pc but I only found an .exe that the windows installer wouldn't take. I will try and confirm it worked.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

HP Recommended

That worked perfectly. I had to try several different ones and then there is a checkbox for show only compatible. I believe the one that worked was hidden at first. I will save this file for any future issues like this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.