Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All in One 610-1150f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A recent Windows 10 Recovery has caused this problem. I have tried almost everything, i.e. disabling driver in Device Manager, uninstalling the driver, using Windows troubleshooting device, etc.  In the Device Manager, the driver (IDT High Definition Audio Codec) does not show that yellow triangle with an exclamation mark so I don't know what the problem is other than performing that Windows 10 Recovery.

I must also note that this PC came with Beats Audio and now that has disappeared. I would like to get that back.  Under the speaker set up, I have listed "Unknown." I saw a post on HP referencing HP Recover Manager but I don't have that. Where can I get that? I realize I have an Old PC but it still works quite well when it works:) Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC resolves the problem.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC resolves the problem.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, during the install process, I get a message saying it's not supported.  Maybe the next Windows update will solve the issue or not.

HP Recommended

Sorry that driver didn't work.

There is one other thing you can try to at least get the sound to work...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click the Update Driver button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear,  but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

HP Recommended

The .exe file you sent me must have partially installed because. after a restart to re-install the driver that went missing..I have sound!! Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

This worked. Received the same windows doesn't support the message. Restarted the computer right after I tried to load the drivers. Then followed steps 1-6, I had to do this twice to get High Definition Audio Device option to display before I could select that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.