Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000i (1K4B7AV)

My Windows 11 Home HP PC powers up but will not boot, displaying a “boot device not detected” message. I have tried forced keyboard starts into BIOS and System Repair to no avail. The system does not boot and there seems to be nothing I can do about it.

This has been happening ever since converted the boot SSD from GPT to MBR using Aomei partition app, in a moment of forgetfulness. Foolishly, I never created and do not have a bootable external restore/recovery media. If I did I would start up the computer from the CD or USB stick, open Disk Management, and try to convert MBR boot drive back to GPT, and see if that restored functionality to the boot drive. If that didn’t work, I guess I would have to do a clean install of the OS.

It seems to me I have to purchase a Windows 11 bootable installation CD with its own activation key, and do a complete system install from scratch.

Does the Community agree? Does anybody have any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.