Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pav 570-p065se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Credentials warning, likely relevant to most any Windows user:  Copy your PW & PIN  on Paper and Save securely!  It's harrowing to hunt through digital files, if you can even access them!

In my  case, after 13-Aug-2019 M$ Windows 10 (x64) update, in an Administrator User Acct, I noticed an alert from the HP Support app, which offered a BIOS update.  After initiation of the update routine (connect, DL messages & updates, check config, analyze PC, offer update, DL and begin & install), I could find no installation confirmation window when the HP process asked me to confirm Install success.  I tried the Update process 2-3 more times, with no better result.  I finally cancelled the update process.  Regardless, at some point the PC asked for a reboot for the BIOS update, and I allowed same.

After reboot, the PC would not accept usual PINs on any account, citing some system error.  I spent some time, tablet browsing backup files on a server, to find current Passwords.  Then, Set/Reset of PIN was confusing in Settings .. User Account.  For a reset, Win asked me to enter the (current) PIN, even though WIN claimed loss when I had tried to open the User Acct.  When I entered the old PIN for current and again for new, Win claimed an error.  I think I Removed PIN, and later somehow managed to set it again to my old value.

Later, in a different Administrator User Acct, I found the apparent Install success notice on display.  I had not explicitly opened that 2nd acct before the update process, but I suspect that Win 10 sometimes pre-opens it for "my convenience," since it sometimes appears pre-loaded when I open it.  I vaguely recall similar misdirection of installation confirmation notice in earlier HP Support updates, so I wish HP could FIX that fault.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gem4skis
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Are you able to use both the user account?
  • How many users accounts you have created on this PC?

Using a Microsoft account offers many benefits, including easy password recovery. If you currently have a local user account, consider switching to a Microsoft account after recovering or changing your current password. Go to Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10) for more information.

NOTE: If you cannot sign in with your original password, make sure caps lock is not on and the keyboard layout matches your country/region.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.