Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I checked on the website that HP cloud recovery tool supports my PC. So, I downloaded it and tried to create recovery USB to recover my PC. I downloaded tool and ran it and entered my serial number and clicked next. When it comes to choosing USB drive, it says connect AC power and select USB. It won't let me select USB drive even when I have connected power adapter and 32 gb USB drive.

Here is the screenshot:-

Capture.PNG

I exited and connected USB and power adapter again and ran the tool again. Still this error exists. I downloaded latest version of tool from Microsoft Store. What should I do now?

I need the solution ASAP please 😞 ...

I tried creating recovery media from another HP PC also. Still no luck...

I then installed windows on the original PC again and silly windows created some additional partitions in my PC. What do I do now?

I want the computer in the condition in which it came. All the original partition, apps, everything. I want it like factory condition and clean. Please help me...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@anoop_singhal 

All I can suggest is try using a different PC, one that will see and read the USB stick.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I tried with the original PC and another PC too. In both of them, it shows please connect AC power and then choose the USB drive. Whereas, I had connected AC power on both of them. The area to select usb drives in greyed out.... I think it is a bug in the software itself.

HP Recommended

Hello
if it does not work on two computers maybe it is your support which is not suitable
try other usb port, if possible, if not, it will be necessary to find another usb key, maybe

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I see... Now I have ordered 32GB HP x740w USB. Will it work with the tool....

I get your point but it shows connect AC power. In my opinion it should not show that as I have already connected AC power and in the youtube tutorial also it did not show that message. Thanks for the effort, BTW... 🙂

I also wanted to ask one more thing, will the recovery tool erase all the data on all the hard disks, ssd etc and truly restore PC to factory condition or just reinstall the OS?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.