Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP: 880-160se CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had to factory reset my computer and it took away all the omen software. I downloaded the Omen command center but Omen Control I do not have. When I try to go to the hp support page I cannot find the Omen control in the software and drivers section on HP's website and a forum link on the HP community did not work and kept saying that id have to reinstall the program but it never worked? I'm pretty sure my computer has the capability to change colors, right? Is there another place to find the software so I can change the color of my desktop? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @MainJet123   Got your message.

I had that same model 880-160 also. It does not use Omen Control. Only the Command Center.

Install the OCC from the Windows Store... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Install the HP event utility from the Windows Store... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Then force update Windows Updates. In other words, click the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

Do that a couple of times and update what ever it finds.

Reboot and try the command center now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi MainJet123,

Please try to download this release : control have not been updated since a while now, so I guess it can help you :

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

Enjoy,

Getfunky

Je travaille pour HP mais "gentil bénévole" sur le forum. Si ce message a apporté une réponse à votre question, indiquez-le ci-dessous comme une Solution Acceptée ! Vous avez trouvé ce message utile ? Cliquez sur le pouce en bas pour nous encourager !

1. Pensez bien à créer votre disque de restauration de Windows dès le premier jour d'utilisation de votre materiel : Windows XP, Vista, 7 , Windows 8/8.1 ou Windows 10
2./ Sauvegardez vos fichiers avant toute restauration
3./ Avant de tout réinstaller, téléchargez vos pilotes
4./ Avant de démarrer l'installation, tentez une récupération de Windows avant l'apparition de votre problème
HP Recommended

When I try to download it, I get the shortcut on my desktop then when I try to open the application it says " the code execution cannot proceed because SynCom.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." but I've tried multiple times to install. I also tried to repair the application but that just kept going in a loop and never worked.

HP Recommended

Hello @MainJet123   Got your message.

I had that same model 880-160 also. It does not use Omen Control. Only the Command Center.

Install the OCC from the Windows Store... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Install the HP event utility from the Windows Store... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Then force update Windows Updates. In other words, click the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

Do that a couple of times and update what ever it finds.

Reboot and try the command center now.

HP Recommended

I followed those steps and a "cumulative update" came up, not sure if it was related, then I rebooted my system. But the Omen Command Center still only shows system vitals and Network Booster. There is no lighting option. It says v. 9.9.10.0 in the bottom left and I'm logged into an account in the command center. Is there something else I have to download for lighting options? Thank you @Photoray002

HP Recommended

Oh, I got ya. Sorry I sort of skipped over that part of the original question.

The lighting in the case (I assume you are asking about) is physically RED LEDs and there is no way to alter them. HP did not make an RGB controller setup with that system either, which would be required.

HP Recommended

Its not like the Omen Obelisk setup. The Obelisk has an RGB controller mounted inside that was specifically designed for that case. 

Also, there is no USB header on that motherboard to connect your own DIY controller with unfortunately. Just in case you wanted to go that route.

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.