Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-p020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know this is a Windows issue but unless I have missed something, I have tried all the fixes that I can find online and none of them have worked for me. My system will not complete windows 10 updates. The infamous message, "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes" has been going on now for a couple of months. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what did you do to resolve it? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vabege 

Need to know HOW you are doing these updates.  Are you using Windows Update? That's because while that is the most convenient, it is also the most unreliable -- and tends to fail more often than other approaches.

Also, have you checked the update history for error codes?  Usually, you can do online searches with those codes and those will tell you the specific issues, like driver problems.

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@vabege 

Need to know HOW you are doing these updates.  Are you using Windows Update? That's because while that is the most convenient, it is also the most unreliable -- and tends to fail more often than other approaches.

Also, have you checked the update history for error codes?  Usually, you can do online searches with those codes and those will tell you the specific issues, like driver problems.

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. I was able to install the updates after checking the error codes and making the proper fixes. I consider myself "average", at best, in handling these situations so I have one additional question that was generated per your response. If I don't use windows to install updates, what other method may be better. Again, thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.