Did you mean: 
bcoatney20
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OS was deleted

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everything was mistakenly wiped from my computer. I have no apps and no drivers etc. Not even internet explorer. Nothing was backed up and I want to know how to recover the Operating System and manufacturers apps. I do not care about photos or anything just want a working computer again.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,269 122,446 20,134 30,867
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the Media creation tool at the link below.

You will need to have access to another Windows PC for this.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you had previously upgraded your PC to W10, when you get to the part of the installation that asks you to enter a product key, select the 'I don't have a product key,' option and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation